Once enabled you will be prompted for an additional one time passcode when logging in. This code can be generated using the free Google authenticator app available for most smartphones.
Windows Phone 7 -
Blackberry - (from your device)
- Supports both ACP and frontend logins for extra security.
- Frontend logins can be optionally disabled.
- Users can reset the 2 factor authentication on their account via email validation if the device becomes unavailable for whatever reason.
- Fully compatible with the mobile skin.
To install the Google 2 Factor Authentication addon, please do the following:
- Upload all the files contained in the "upload" folder of the distribution to the root of your IP.Board installation.
- Go to your Admin CP, select the System tab, then choose Manage Hooks.
- Click install hook and then navigate to the google2fa.xml file in the package you downloaded from the IPS Marketplace
Once installed you will need to set up the login type you wish to use at;
ACP > System > System Settings > System > Security & Privacy
It is possible to choose between ACP logins only or both ACP and Frontend logins.
If you have any further questions regarding the operation of this addon or would like to suggest additional features please post in the following support topic:
Optional support is renewable for only $10 on a six-monthly basis. With active support you will have continued access to product upgrades and support. If you choose not to renew, the addon will continue to function as normal and you can renew at any time without penalty to regain access to upgrades.