With the release of, this works fine, but can be very slow as PHP can only run so quickly as it's bound by a single CPU thread. On my forum, which is a total DB size of ~10GB, bfarber's single threaded script takes over 48 hours straight to run. I found this amount of downtime for my live forum to be unacceptable, so I created a fork of his script and used PHP's fork functions to multi-thread it. With 8 cores assigned to the script, I was able to convert this database in just 5 hours under testing. When I did my live conversion, I assigned 12 cores and was able to do it in 3 hours.
This script is aimed at people with large databases, where a conversion would normally take a significant amount of time, and people who are power users and understand server maintenance and configuration.
Please ensure you carefully read the included readme.txt file, and the documentation in the PHP file for the settings.
The database I converted was an IPB 3.4.5 database, but since this is based on bfarber's script from 2010, there's no reason this shouldn't work on pretty much any IPB version in the 3.x.x series, but I will only be officially supporting it on 3.4.5.
Unofficial Multi-Threaded UTF-8 Converter
В этой теме нет ответов